Focus on Israël
Following Australia, Spain, and Canada, Fipa’s 2018 focus turns to the Israeli audiovisual scene.
In this France-Israel Year, this focus gives us the opportunity to appreciate Israeli content and talent and to increase the sharing of experiences within the domains of writing, digital creation and training. Israel displays a remarkable expertise, a unique model of production, a stimulating artistic approach, and widely exported content.
Considered a breeding-ground of new talent, Israeli productions are renowned for their creativity, and their film schools for their high level of innovation. Numerous productions have been successfully adapted such as Homeland or In Treatment. This focus on Israel allows for the opening up of new coproduction and collaboration opportunities in a growing marketplace, thanks to the presence of many Israeli institutions, professionals, and educational establishments.
The focus will notably offer:
- 4 theme-based conferences:
* ‘Overview of the Israeli audiovisual scene’
* ‘The vitality of Israeli audiovisual culture: education and training’
* ‘Audacity and innovation: Israeli audiovisual creation’
* ‘Perspectives on the market and on coproductions with Israel’
- 3 line-ups with Israeli channels (Yes Studios, Hot, …)
- 1 masterclass
- 1 case study of an Israeli series
- 1 carte blanche
- 1 theme-based party
- 1 screening of 4 students films from Israel